You can check which version your Attendant is running by opening the mobile app, tapping on the hamburger menu and selecting “Sites.” From there, tap on your site from the list and then select the “About” tab. The current version of your controller will be displayed like this:
You can also check the version directly on The Attendant’s local display by tapping on the Settings icon on the left side of the screen.
If you would like your Attendant scheduled for an upgrade, please reach out and Contact Us.
Release date: November 9, 2023
- Addressed an issue with the Local UI that would not permit some devices to be turned on/off.
- Addressed a logic issue with certain types of Automations.
Release date: November 3, 2023
- Added Actuator Virtual Camming support.
- Several enhancements and bug fixes for Autofill devices
- In addition to running for the Minimum number of minutes (if configured), the Autofill will automatically turn off if a high water level alert is triggered.
- Added the ability to schedule Autofill operation times. This allows you to limit what days and times the Autofill can run should it need to. Requires Mobile App version 1.4.4 or later.
- The Autofill device can now be manually turned on/off while in Installer Mode.
- Addressed an issue with Autofill that wasn’t using the “Minimum Run Minutes” setting properly.
- Introduced limited support for creating Automations. This feature is still in beta and will be released to all users at a later date.
- Implemented software code to detect an actuator short that will prevent the internal transformer from becoming damaged.
- The Attendant Controller will no longer default to running Freeze Protect if there is no Internet connection or is otherwise unable to connect to the cloud weather service.
- Addressed an issue that caused some brand-name single-speed pumps to report it wasn’t able to “get up to speed.”
- Improved reporting of the “Useless Control” error that can be displayed in the mobile app when there is a misconfiguration in the Flows.
- Addressed an issue with some Pentair Salt Chlorinators where the mobile app would report there was no flow detected.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent DMX-style lights from working when and if changing the port the light is connected to.
- Addressed an issue with displaying the correct on/off/color status for Light controls that are connected to secondary Attendants.
- Addressed an issue that could trigger an invalid “Actuators moving” message to be displayed in the mobile app for those connected to Winterized bodies of water.
- Addressed a local UI crash that would be displayed when attempting to view the Water Quality graphs.
- Addressed a crash that would occur if configuring the Min and Max speeds of a water pump to the same number.
- Added framework to detect, expose, and validate proper Bus Identifiers in the mobile app. Requires Mobile App version 1.4.4 or later.
- Implemented several under-the-hood MCU performance enhancements resulting in an appreciable process speed improvement when controlling devices.
- Added the Poolside logo to The Attendant boot screen.
Release date: October 18, 2023
- Addressed an issue that could cause serial RS485 devices to become unresponsive if you were swapping them out and changing brands (like replacing a pump with another different brand pump.)
Release date: September 18, 2023
- Added additional device support for Dual Chemistry boards.
Release date: September 11, 2023
- Added the ability to adjust a heater control’s water sample time and Solar temperature differential. These can be set on the “Settings” tab of the heater control in the mobile app. The Water Sampling Time setting adjusts how long water must first circulate before The Attendant turns on the heater. The Solar Activation Difference setting sets how much warmer the solar array must be (compared to the water) in order to begin using the solar heater.
- Addressed an issue that could cause water pumps wired to a secondary Attendant from running at the right speeds.
- Addressed an issue where a “Pump not up to speed” error message would not be displayed if the pump was responding but simply not running.
- Added additional error code mapping for Jandy ePumps.
- Added additional support for newer model Bluetooth pressure sensors.
- Addressed a problem where an actuator could continually turn back and forth if there was an electrical fault with said actuator.
- Addressed issues with the configuration of Hayward Aquarite S3 salt cells, and Aquacal salt cells having an address greater than 32.
Release date: August 14, 2023
- Addressed an issue viewing the Water Quality graphs on the controller’s local UI.
- Addressed an issue with older Compool actuators that inadvertently triggers “Actuator Not Working” alerts.
Release date: July 26, 2023
- Addressed an issue where water pumps would not run at the correct speed when solar heating was active.
- Addressed an issue where scheduled heating events would not use the specific heating mode selected when the schedule was saved. (i.e. Auto, electric, gas)
- Updated the chemistry engine to prevent the dosage of both liquid chlorine and muriatic acid at the same time. Now, dosing for one or the other will happen once dosing has been completed for the other.
- Enhanced error code support for Hayward pool pumps.
- Several other minor bug fixes and optimations that resulting in much speedier time to save, fewer alerts generated, and overall increased stability of the system.
Release date: July 11, 2023
- Internal release with updated diagnostic toolsets.
Release date: July 7, 2023
- Added additional support for Aquacal Salt Chlorinators
Release date: July 5, 2023
- Revamped the Actuator Valve control logic so that controls are much more responsive and quick to adjust whenever you are changing controls in the app or configuring a system. While these changes are all under-the-hood, there will be a much better experience configuring your controls as a result.
- We also updated the system to, by default, keep actuators powered on at all times. Keeping actuators powered will help to get you running much quicker when initially setting up a site, when replacing equipment, and when servicing your pool for winterization.
- Actuator calibration is no longer a requirement, and will automatically take place only when needed based on specific water flow configurations.
Release date: June 14, 2023
- Addressed an issue preventing the current reported Salt level from being displayed in the Water Quality graphs for sites using a Hayward S3 Salt Chlorinator.
- Added support for Hayward legacy ProLogic Tristar pumps.
Release date: June 8, 2023
- Added additional error code support for Pentair hybrid heat pumps. These units can report more status codes than older models, and now these new codes will be shown in the mobile app.
- We added the Pentair Intelliflo3 VSF pump as a distinct, separate option when configuring. While you could’ve selected the “Intelliflo VSF” previously, we’ve made it easier by explicitly listing it.
- Added support for Jacuzzi Pool and Spa lights.
- Added support for Hayward Aquarite S3 salt chlorinators.
- Added additional error code support for Hayward pumps – specifically error code 70.
- Addressed a couple of issues reporting some Pentair pump error codes back to the mobile app.
Release date: May 20, 2023
- Addressed an issue preventing users from selecting the color “Magenta” with certain models of Pentair lights.
Release date: May 4, 2023
- Addressed an issue with certain Pentair Heat Pumps that would stop the heat pump from communicating with The Attendant.
- Calibration of pH and ORP probes is no longer required and is now only recommended. There will be a short message displayed in Installer Mode when a probe hasn’t been calibrated and the device will no longer show a red badge. Instructions for calibration can be found here on our Knowledge Base.
- The maximum tweak value for pH and ORP probes has been increased.
- pH maximum tweak has been changed from +/- 0.3 to +/- 0.5
- ORP maximum tweak has been changed from +/- 50 to +/- 100
- Added the current pump RPM to the live stats when viewing Device Status or while in Installer Mode.
- Fixed an issue where Pentair Intellivalve actuators could remain powered off after exiting Installer Mode.
- Fixed an issue with chemistry dosing & mixing where a filter pump would remain on when a mixing period ended after a schedule ends.
- The Attendant controller will remain in Installer Mode if the power goes out or is reset while in Installer Mode. Note: changes made but not saved in the app will not be retained.
- Improved the responsiveness of the local GUI of The Attendant when it’s not connected to the internet.
- When configuring networking settings, The Attendant will now scan for up to 90 seconds for local WiFi networks (instead of 30).
- Fixed an issue with the local GUI that prevented you from disabling CO2 dispensing if it was already turned enabled.
- Fixed an issue preventing you from starting Themes and Theme Playlists from the local GUI.
- Fixed an issue on the local GUI that prevented the meatball menu from appearing on controls when the control name was too long.