The TP-LINK Wireless N Access Point TL-WA901N is designed to establish or expand a scalable high-speed wireless N network or to connect an Ethernet-enabled device such as The Attendant to a wireless network.
You will configure this device as a range extender to provide a wifi signal for The Attendant.
- Connect the power to access point according to A and B in the diagram.
- Turn on the power, and wait until the Power and Wireless LEDs are lit and stable.
- Use the default SSID and Password printed on the back label of the access point to join its Wi-Fi network.
- Launch a web browser and enter http://tplinkap.net. Create a password to log in.
- Click Quick Setup, select Range Extender mode and click Next. Follow the step-by-step instructions to complete the configuration.
- Relocate the access point to a suitable place. For details, refer to the tips below.
- Now, connect The Attendant to the access point using wifi or via an Ethernet cable.
Tips for Placing the Access Point
Halfway is the best way.
Generally, the ideal location for a repeater is about halfway between your wireless router and The Attendant. Make sure that the location you choose is within the range of the host router. If that is not possible, place it closer to your wireless router to ensure stable performance.
Less obstacles ensure better performance.
Choose a location with less obstacles around that may block the signal between the access point and the host network. An open corridor or a spacious location is ideal.
Less interference provides more stability.
Choose a location away from Bluetooth devices and other household electronics, such as cordless phones, microwaves, and baby monitors to minimize signal interference.